(Though installing Stylish is recommended, if your browser supports user scripts, you can also install this style as a user script.)
To use this style, install Stylish.
(Though installing Stylish is recommended, Greasemonkey users can also install this style as a user script.)
To use this style, install Stylish.
(Though installing Stylish is recommended, you can also install as user JS.)
(Though installing Stylish is recommended, TamperMonkey users can also install this style as a user script.)
To use this style, first install Stylish.
|Created||Dec 2, 2012|
|Updated||May 12, 2016|
|Installs (this week)||127|
- If you like this style, please create a quick account and give it a green thumbs up.
- For more options, see the supplementary style: "Wikipedia - Supplement [by Splark]"
- If you'd like to be able to toggle between dark and light modes, install this in light mode and then install Wikipedia - Dark toggle [by Splark]
- Styles with options (like this one) don't update automatically, have to be uninstalled to be updated sometimes, and have to be uninstalled to reselect new options.
- Dark-mode overrides are more aggressive attempts at darkening everything, but will sometimes darken things that shouldn't be darkened (like the phylogeny timelines on a species' page).
- Transparent panels (like the navigation) restore on mouseover.
- Some users have the reference-tooltip boxes flying off from where they're supposed to be, but I can't determine the cause yet.
- Page editor isn't all darkened.
- In dark mode, some images with transparency that shouldn't have white backgrounds do, and some that should don't - it isn't possible to tell them apart by their code sometimes.
- In dark mode, some tables with colored cells are instead transparent, even without 'Dark mode overrides' (Ex)... it isn't possible to darken all of the boxes in normal articles without affecting these tables too, so you'll have to disable the style when using these.
- In dark mode, code boxes aren't darkened.
- Dark mode's background repeat possibly broken on some setups, but I can't determine the cause yet.
Mar 14th, 2016 - Fix for changes to front page.
Feb 26th, 2016 - Hopefully fixed alignment issues with search bar and suggestions.
Feb 11th, 2016 - Front page mending. Minor fixes & changes.
Dec 21st, 2013 — Hopefully fixed issues with the footer colliding on the front page for short viewports. Minor fixes & changes.
Nov 27th, Dec 2nd, & Dec 6th 2013 — Wikipedia (and/or sister sites) changed code on the front page, breaking some of the style - fixed.
Aug 07th, 2013 — A couple new editor fixes & darkenings.
Jul 20th & 26th, 2013 — Wikipedia added a background color to the Table of Contents, making it light - fixed. (Note: you can avoid having to update for changes like this by selecting "errythang" in the override option.) Some edit buttons weren't being hidden, for that option - fixed.
Jul 13th, 2013 — Many many small fixes, some small tweaks. Wikipedia made changes to edit buttons and editing - partially adjusted for. Front page search boxes were sometimes transparent in Chrome - fixed.
Jun 08th, 2013 — New option: "dark-mode blanket overrides" will override any of wikipedia editors' custom styling, resolving issues with things not being dark when they should be. Sister sites now have restyled front pages and display their respective logos. New supplementary style with more options. Table-of-contents option has been moved to supplementary style. In Firefox, links in dark mode are now fireflies. Many, many tacks and foxes. The code has now really been far, even as decided to use.
Apr 18th, 2013 — Many small fixes and tweaks. Apparently, I broke the table-of-contents option last time - fixed. Added includes for new sister sites. Some of the code has now really been far, but not quite as decided to use.
Mar 03rd, 2013 — Added includes for sister sites, which are structurally almost identical - some issues. Wikipedia added borders to #content - fixed.
Dec 15th, 2012 — Many small tweaks and fixes. Support for HTTPS Everywhere.
- - -
List of affected sites for indexing: wikipedia (wikipedia.com wikipedia.org wikipedia.net) wikimedia (wikimedia.com wikimedia.org wikimedia.net) (wikimedia commons commons.wikimedia.org) (metawiki meta-wiki meta.wikimedia.org) (wikispecies species.wikimedia.org) (wikimedia incubator incubator.wikimedia.org) (wikimedia labs wikitech.wikimedia.org) mediawiki wikibooks wikidata wikinews wikiquote wikisource wikiversity wikivoyage wiktionary