- unless you decide to share it by registering on our website or contacting us for support, in which case we will use it only for that purpose.
Sure, we do collect information from you when you use our product. The information is collected using code that is open-source and which can be inspected by anyone capable of doing so. We realize that most users may not be able to read that code, but the point is, the purpose of that data collection is to provide you with the best Stylish product and service we can. We have no interest in knowing the identity of any individual users, and we invest enormous resources to ensure that we are not able to do so(for example, we use an algorithm designed to remove from collected browser data any personal information that may have been inadvertently included in it). We also delete from IP addresses the portion that provides specific geolocation information.
If you got this far, we hope you will continue and read the rest of this policy. Either way, if you decide to use our Stylish product or services and have any questions about your rights as a user, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As data protection is important to us, we have engaged an external data privacy expert to serve as our Data Protection Officer. If you have any questions regarding this policy or your data privacy rights, you are welcome to contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Unit 3D North Point House
North Point Business Park
New Mallow Road
," " we
” or “us
") in connection with: (i) our visitor’s use(“Visitor”) of our website https://userstyles.org
”); or (ii) the users of our Stylish browser extension or mobile application (“Stylish Product”) or our services included therein (“Services
” and “users
,” respectively). The Website, Stylish Product and the Services shall be referred to collectively herein as the “Stylish Platform
") which governs your use of the Website, Service or the Stylish Platform (as applicable).
We have included information below about what data is collected and how we process and use your data, but first we would like to explain the lawful basis that we rely on to do so:
Where you sign up for any of our Services, we process your data based on the necessity to provide those services and in order to perform our contract with you;
If we have a legitimate interest in processing data, such as for direct marketing (i.e., sending you updates about our service after you have registered) or using online identifiers when you access our Website;
We will also process your Personal Information where you have provided us with your consentto do so.
We collect non-identifiable aggregated information which is made available via your use of the Stylish Platform ("Non-Personal Information
), which does not allow us to determine the identity of the users from whom the Non-Personal Information is collected. In some cases, such as when you register on our Website, we also collect identifiable information, namely information that may with reasonable effort be used to identify an individual ("Personal Information
"). Additionally, depending on your browser settings or the cookie settings you have chosen, Personal Information may be collected when you visit our Website, via our third-party cookies as shall be further explained below.
In the event we combine Personal Information with Non-Personal Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
Information Collected from Visitors and your opt-out options
Information We Collect From Stylish Extension Users and your opt-out options
|Type of Information
|How We Use It
|We process IP addresses or other online identifiers (“Online Identifiers”). Note that IP addresses are accessed automatically every time a device visits a website. We consider and treat Online Identifiers as Personal Information, in accordance with applicable laws.
| We may either directly or indirectly (i.e., via cookies) collect Visitors’ Online Identifiers. We use this for our legitimate interests of: (i) operating, providing, maintaining, protecting, and managing our Website; (ii) enhancing your experience; and (iii) our legitimate interests of auditing and tracking our Website’s usage statistics.
We may also use this information for analytic purposes based on your consent when your consent is required in accordance with applicable law.
|You have certain cookie controls that may be made available to you via our Website. Please see our ”Cookies and Tracking Technologies” section below for more information on how to opt out and change your browser or cookies preferences.
|We collect certain technical information which relates to your use of the Website such as your page views, type of browser, and time and date of use. Such information may be associated with your Online Identifier.
|We use this technical data in order to operate and manage our Website.
|While using the Website, you are able to upload certain content to the Website (“User Generated Content” or “UGC”). User Generated Content refers to a wide variety of content that is produced by you and other users of the Service, as opposed to content generated by us. The UGC may include Web Styles, images, comments, posts, texts, icons, links, opinions and feedback provided by you and by other users of the Website and Services. By exchanging, providing or uploading UGC, you grant us permission to use, store and process the aforesaid content, including any of your Personal Information that are contained therein (e.g., comments, rates, etc.).
|You may voluntarily upload User Generated Content to the Website. In the event that the User Generated Content includes any Personal Information, by uploading it you grant us your consent to process the aforesaid content, including any Personal Information that are contained therein (e.g., comments, rates). We will solely use the UGC to display it in our Website and our Stylish Products, and will not process or store it for any other purpose.
You should be aware that any UGC or other information you voluntarily upload to the Website may be read, collected, and used by others who access the Website, forum or Stylish Services.
|To request the removal of your Personal Information from our Website or community forum, contact us at: nformation We Collect from Stylish Mobile App Users and your opt-out email@example.com
|We may have third-party advertising partners’ cookies on our Website. Such third-party Cookies may collect your Online Identifiers, as well as an advertising ID or Cookie ID (i.e., an identification number that is unique to the device or the browser that you use when you access our Website). These third- party cookies may also have access to additional information associated with your use of our Website, for example, the content you view while on our Website. Our advertising partners may combine this aforementioned information with information they have collected from other sources, such as other websites that you visit or have visited.
|This data is collected by our third-party advertising partners in order to deliver advertisements to you, including personalized advertisements. It may also be used by such partners to build a profile of your interests and show you advertisements on other third party's sites. Subject to applicable laws in your jurisdiction, when you access our Website we may request your consent to enable data collection for advertising purposes.
|You have certain controls on your cookies preferences, including by using the cookies management tool in our website. See our "Cookies and Tracking Technologies" section below for more information on how to opt out and change your cookies preferences.
Note that, even if you request to opt-out of data collection through our advertising partners' Cookies, you may still receive advertisements however, they will not be personalized.
| If you wish to sign up and open an account through the Website at: https://userstyles.org/login you will be requested to provide us with certain information such as a your user name, email address, and password, at which time you thereby represent and warrant that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your details and password. You may also choose to sign in with one of your social networks such as Google, Yahoo or OpenID. Such network account may give us access to certain information about you as stored therein (e.g., full name, e-mail and any other information which you made public) in accordance with their terms.
|We use this information for the purpose of performing our contract with you, providing you with the Services you have requested, and setting up your account to enable you to upload customized CSS for any website that will change fonts, colors, visibility themes, backgrounds or element layouts (“Web Styles”), rate other Web Styles, add comments, take part in forum discussions and share your experiences related to the Service with other Stylish users. We might also use these emails to communicate with you regarding product and service updates.
|To request the removal of your Personal Information from our Website or community forum, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|In the event you contact us for support or other inquiries, either through our online form available
|on the Website, by sending us an email or by other means of communications we make available, you will be requested to provide us your name and email address.
|To request the removal of your Personal Information from our Website or community forum, contact us at: email@example.com.
This information is processed if you install and use our Stylish browser extension:
Information We Collect from Stylish Mobile App Users and your opt-out options
|Type of Information
|How We Use It
|Standard web server log information (i.e., page views). In order to avoid receiving and processing any Personal Information, we use an advanced cleaning algorithm designed to filter from browsing data any information that could be used to determine the identity of a user.
|We use this information to support and enable the Stylish services (i.e., to understand how popular websites are in order for us to determine which websites, and which sections within each website, we would want to build and support Web Styles).
We may also use this information for market intelligence purposes and to develop insights-based products and services, which we then may provide to our clients and customers. We will use this information for this purpose when you provide us with your consent for us to do so, if we are required to under applicable law.
|Right click on the extension icon, select 'Options', and uncheck the box that says "Send de-identified browsing data to Stylish to access style suggestions through the toolbar menu" and/or uncheck the box that says "Send de- identified SERP data to Stylish to access style suggestions on search results" and/or uncheck the box that says "Show number of styles active for the current site on the toolbar button" and/or uncheck the box that says "Send feedback in the format of usage analytics to help us improve Stylish".
Note that once you opt out, part of the Services provided by the Stylish browser extension will no longer be available, meaning "Suggested Web Styles" won't be available in the browser extension interface, and "Suggested Web Styles" won’t be available in the context menu.
|Non-personal Technical information such as your interaction with the extension (e.g., installed Styles),browser type, operating system, device model name, device screen size, time and date. We further collect IP Address (trimmed for anonymization).
|We use this for: (i) operating, providing, maintaining, protecting, and managing our Stylish Product and Service; (ii) enhancing your experience; and (iii) our legitimate interests of auditing and tracking usage statistics.
This information is collected and processed if you install and use our Stylish mobile app:
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATIONDepending on the nature of your interaction with the Stylish Platform
|Type of Information
|How We Use It
|We collect standard non- personal web server log information (i.e., page views), search results data (keyword, order/index of results, links of results, title, description, and ads displayed). In order to avoid processing any Personal Information, we use an advanced cleaning algorithm designed to remove any information that could be used to determine the identity of a user from browsing data.
|We use this information to support and enable the Stylish services (i.e., to understand how popular websites are in order for us to determine for which website, and for which sections within each website, we will want to build and support Styles).
|We also collect your IP Address - which is accessed automatically every time there is communication between a device and a server - which we trim for anonymization.
|IP Address is trimmed to remove specific geo-location information and is used only to determine the country in which the user is located.
|Information regarding installed applications and their use.
|We use this information to personalize the Stylish services (i.e., to understand how popular websites/apps are in order for us to determine for which websites/apps, and for which sections within each website, we will want to build and support Styles).
, we may collect information as follows:
- Automatically - we may directly or indirectly (i.e., by using cookies as further explained in the section below) gather information automatically, such as Non-Personal Information as well as Online Identifiers.
- Provided by you voluntarily - we will collect Personal Information if you choose to register or if you contact us for support.
HOW IS THE DATA SHARED OR TRANSFERRED?
We may share certain Non-Personal Information to conduct business analysis and enhance your experience related to the Stylish Product and Services.
Further, we may disclose Personal Information (as well as Non-Personal Information) if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary:
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- to enforce our policies and agreements, including investigations of potential violations thereof;
- to investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues;
- to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims;
- to prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or
- for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
We may also appoint third-party service providers (operating under our instructions), who may need access to your Information in connection with their services on our behalf. Transfers of your Personal Information will be made in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We may store or process your Personal Information in the UK, the EU, the United States or in other countries. As such, please be advised that any information you provide us may be transferred to and processed in countries other than the country from which you accessed our Website or Services. We will make sure to implement appropriate measures to ensure that your Personal Information receives an adequate level of data protection while it is being transferred. When Personal Information that was
collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA
”) or the UK is transferred outside the EEA or the UK (as applicable), we will take necessary steps in order to ensure that sufficient safeguards are provided during the transferring of such Personal Information. You may exercise your rights, where applicable, to receive information regarding the transfer mechanism that was used during the transferring of your Personal Information. Personal Information that is being transferred outside the EEA to a country which has not received an adequacy decision from the European Commission (“Adequacy Decision
”)will be transferred pursuant to the standard contractual clauses
approved by the European Union (“Standard Contractual Clauses
”). Personal Information that we transfer outside of the UK to a country that is not in the EEA, has not received an Adequacy Decision or an adequacy regulation has not been passed regarding it by the UK will be transferred, depending on the situation, either pursuant to the International Data Transfer Agreement
or the addendum
to be used with the Standard Contractual Clauses, both as issued by the UK’s Information Commissioner.
Please note that, unless you instruct us otherwise, we retain the information we collect for as long as needed to provide the Services and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. If you object to the aforesaid collection, use and sharing of data, please immediately cease using the Service and remove the Stylish Product from your device. The data we receive in the event you access our Website, Stylish Product or Service via a third-party social or other network depends on your privacy settings with the network (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo) and you should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Service.
USER RIGHTS FOR EEA AND UK RESIDENTS
Depending on your jurisdiction, data protection and privacy laws may provide you with the ability to exercise certain rights with respect to your Personal Information. We have included the rights that apply to EEA and UK residents below for your reference and convenience. If you are a California resident, please see our Privacy Information for California Residents Section below for a description of your privacy rights.
- Right to Access: You may have the right to access your Personal Information by asking us to confirm what Personal Information we process about you, as well as additional information regarding how and the purposes for such processing, and to request and obtain a copy of such Personal Information.
- Right to be Informed: You have the right to be informed regarding Embee’s information (e.g., our name and address) as well as what Personal Information we process, and how and why we process Personal Information.
- Right to Rectification: You may have the right to require us to update and complete any Personal Information that we have about you that is inaccurate or incomplete and to require us to inform third parties that process such Personal Information on our behalf to update such inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Right to Erasure: You may have the right, depending on the circumstances, to request that we delete your Personal Information that is held by us. We are not required to comply with your request to erase Personal Information if the processing of your Personal Information is necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation; or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to Restrict the Processing: Depending on the circumstances, you may have the right to limit the purposes for which we process your Personal Information. We can continue to use your Personal Information following your request to restrict the processing of your Personal Information, where we have your consent; or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
- Right to Data Portability: You may have the right to request that we send or “port” the Personal Information that we process about you to a third-party, but in each case only where the processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you, and the processing is carried out by automated means. It is important to note that the GDPR and the CCPA differ in the application of this right and therefore we will handle the fulfillment according to the applicable laws in your jurisdiction
- Right to Object: You may have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information on the basis of our legitimate interest. The right to object does not exist, in particular, if the processing of your Personal Information is necessary in order to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract with you.
- Right to Object to Direct Marketing: You can request that we change the manner in which we contact you for marketing purposes. You can request that we not transfer your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purpose.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: If you have given us your consent for the processing of your Personal Information, you may have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your consent was withdrawn.
- Data Transfer Rights: You may be able to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your Personal Information is being transferred outside the UK/EEA. We have included links and explanations regarding these mechanisms in section J above.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: You may have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automatic decision making or profiling.
To assert any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where allowed by law, such as in circumstances where your request is excessive. In addition, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, subject to applicable law (as is the case in the European Union).
HOW DO WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION?
We employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of our users’ information and prevent unauthorized use thereof. We have implemented technical, physical and administrative security measures to protect the Personal Information, including without limitation by using industry standard encryption. In addition, we limit access to your information on our servers. The data collected by us is stored in the AWS data servers; for more information regarding the data security provided by AWS, please see: https://aws.amazon.com/security/
. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse Company’s Services, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access. Further, in the event of a data incident, in which we discover your Personal Information may be at risk, then we will take reasonable efforts to notify you and the applicable authority (if required, subject to applicable laws).
PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
In this section, we provide information for California residents, as required under the California privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), which requires that we provide California residents certain specific information about how we handle their personal information, whether collected online or offline. Under the CCPA, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. It does not include publicly available data as defined by the CCPA. This section does not address or apply to our handling of publicly available information made lawfully available by state or federal governments or other personal information that is subject to an exemption under Section 1798.145(c) – (f) of the CCPA.
Except for the right to opt-out and the right of non-discrimination, this section does not apply to California residents with whom we transact or communicate solely in the context of providing or receiving a product or service to or from a company that employs such residents or engages such residents as contractors. This section also does not apply to personal information we collect about job applicants, independent contractors, or current or former full-time, part-time and temporary employees and staff, officers, directors or owners of SimilarWeb or any affiliated entities.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT, DISCLOSE, AND SELL
We have set out above the categories of personal information (as defined by the CCPA) about California residents that we collect. As noted below, we do not sell your personal information or disclose it to third parties for a business purpose. We may disclose each of these categories of personal information to our service providers, who are not permitted to use your personal information except as necessary for performing services on our behalf. We collect these categories of personal information from the sources and for the purposes described above under the heading “What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use it?”. Our collection, use and disclosure of personal information about a California resident will vary depending upon the circumstances and nature of our interactions or relationship with such resident.
Please note that the CCPA defines the term “sale” very broadly to include any exchange of data for consideration of any kind, not simply selling your data for monetary compensation. Depending upon the circumstances, “sale” could include providing your data to an entity to assist us with targeted advertising purposes.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS
California law grants consumers certain rights and imposes restrictions on particular business practices as set forth below. California consumers have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you.
- Right to Opt-out of Sale of Personal Information ("Do Not Sell").
California residents have the right to opt-out of our sale of their personal information. We do not sell your personal information.
- Requests for Copy, Deletion and Right to Know
Subject to certain exceptions, California consumers have the right to make the following requests, at no charge, up to twice every 12 months. Please see "Submitting Requests" for instructions on how to exercise your rights.
- Deletion: the right to request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you, subject to certain exemptions.
- Copy: the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months.
- Right to Know (Collection): Where we have collected personal information about you, the right to request that we disclose certain information about how we have handled your personal information in the prior 12 months, including: the categories of personal information collected; categories of sources of personal information; business and/or commercial purposes for collecting and selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties/with whom we have disclosed or shared your personal information.
- Right to Know (Disclosure and Sale): Where we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose your personal information, the right to request that we disclose certain information about how we have handled your personal information in the prior 12 months, including: the categories of personal information collected; categories of third parties to whom your personal information has been sold and the specific categories of personal information sold to each category of third party; categories of third parties to whom personal information has been disclosed; and the categories of personal information that we have disclosed or shared with a third party for a business purpose.
- Submitting Requests. You can exercise your rights by emailing us at email@example.com. When you submit your request, we will take steps to attempt to verify your identity. We will seek to match the information in your request to the personal information we maintain about you. As part of our verification process, we may ask you to submit additional information, use identity verification services to assist us, or if you have created an account on our website or mobile app, we may ask you to sign in to your account as part of our identity verification process. Please understand that, depending on the type of request you submit, to protect the privacy and security of your personal information, we will only complete your request where we are satisfied that we have verified your identity to an appropriate degree of certainty. We will make every reasonable effort to respond to you within 45 days after we receive a verified request. If we are unable to meet this timescale, we will respond as soon as possible over the next 45-day period.
INCENTIVES AND DISCRIMINATION
The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California consumers for exercising their rights under the CCPA and imposes requirements on any financial incentives offered to California consumers related to their personal information. Discrimination: if consumers exercise their rights under CCPA, businesses may not discriminate against them including by denying or providing a different level or quality of goods or services or charging or suggesting that a business will charge different prices or rates or impose penalties, unless doing so is reasonably related to the value provided to the consumer by the consumer’s data.
CALIFORNIA’S SHINE-THE-LIGHT LAW
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83), California residents who provide us certain personal information are entitled to request and obtain from us, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we have shared with third parties for their own direct marketing use. Such requests may be made once per calendar year for information about any relevant third party sharing in the prior calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident. Your right to obtain information regarding any of your personal information we have shared with third parties for their own marketing use was included here solely in order to satisfy legal and regulatory notice requirements, we do not
share any of your personal information with third parties for their own marketing use.