What does it do? (Features):
- Removes animated fav icons from the URLBar (left of the awesome bar) where the site identity button is
- Prevents animated icons in the awesome bar list
- Prevents animated favicons from becoming your bookmarks icons (either in bookmarks toolbar OR bookmarks menu)
- Prevents animated favicons from appearing in your Back / Forward history menus
- This style ONLY blocks animated (GIF) favicons... Don't worry, this style will not ruin your website viewing experience, it will make it better!
These can be very distracting and idiotic.
** This code was taken from Lifehacker, which was taken from The How-To Geek (http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/lifehacker/full/~3/365590909/how-to-block-distracting-animated-favicons)
TEST THIS STYLE HERE:
** You may need to Refresh the Page and/or reset your browser for this to work.
(Though installing Stylish is recommended, Greasemonkey users can also install this style as user script.)
To use this style, install Stylish.
To use this style, first install Stylish.
(Though installing Stylish is recommended, TamperMonkey users can also install this style as user script.)
|Created||Aug 15, 2008|
|Updated||Aug 15, 2008|
|Installs (this week)||0|
No discussions posted in the last year. See older discussions. Ask a new question or add a review for this style.