A clean, attractive, dark recolor of Fanfiction.net. Ease your eyes with dark greys, blacks, and soothing purples. LAST UPDATED: MARCH 30, 2013
For those of you with CRT Monitors: using this theme, as opposed to the bright white default, will REDUCE your power usage!
- This code works for both Fanfiction.net AND Fictionpress.com.
- This code WILL be updated each time the pertaining sites are updated.
- The colors used in this style are on the bottom of the "after" preview image.
(Though installing Stylish is recommended, Greasemonkey users can also install this style as user script.)
To use this style, install Stylish.
(Though installing Stylish is recommended, you can also install as user JS.)
To use this style, first install Stylish.
(Though installing Stylish is recommended, TamperMonkey users can also install this style as user script.)
|Created||May 4, 2009|
|Updated||Mar 30, 2013|
|Installs (this week)||54|
REMINDER: PLEASE SET YOUR STYLE TO AUTOMATIC UPDATE IN ANTICIPATION FOR ANY CHANGES AT FFNET OR FICTIONPRESS.
If you have questions or concerns, leave a review and I'll get back to you.
Ad blocker from: Fanfiction.net - A whole new website for your eyes by BullFrog.---------------------------------------
MOST RECENT UPDATE:MARCH 30, 2013 -
[1.5.3] 1. Made a few general updates, including fixing the black text in the new Follow/Favorite area.
MARCH 21, 2013 -
[1.5.1] 1. Fixed the new Follow/Favorite feature in the review area. It's now themed.
[1.5.2] 2. Added support for the changes on the mobile site (might be incomplete).
- MARCH 20, 2013 - [1.5.0] 1. Major overhaul of the code for the sudden FFNET site update. If I missed anything--aside from the Twitter area, that will be fixed soon--please let me know in the comment section! I'll clean it up more (and get rid of redundancies) when I have more time.
- DECEMBER 03, 2012 - 1. Replaced the adblocker with BullFrog's (because I'm absolute crap at using attribute selectors, eek). Thanks, bro. This should fix the little bug where the guideline acceptance div was disappearing.
- SEPTEMBER 19, 2012 - 1. Updated adblocker for ads showing at the base of pages. // 2. Updated coding for fanfiction mobile.
- SEPTEMBER 03, 2012 - 1. Updated the adblocker.
- AUGUST 16, 2012 - 1. Fixed the white horizontal rule. Thanks, luckymouse.
- AUGUST 07, 2012 - 1. Added support for the "Fake Links" in Profiles for outside URLs. They should display like ordinary links and the warning dialog that shows up should be properly themed. // 2. Finished the remaining styling of the Twitter plug-in on the index page. Changed the text to a light grey for better visibility.
- JULY 11, 2012 - 1. Added support for the FFnet/Fiction Press homepage twitter section thingy. // 2. Got rid of the latent white bar from the advertising area on Fiction Press. // 3. Minor update to style colors; less contrast between the borders and background to ensure less distraction from reading. Input areas still retain brighter borders so they can be easily found. // 4. Added nearly-black background to the main content wrapper. // 5. Added style support for profile page My Story/Favorites/etc. area.
- JUNE 27, 2012 - 1. Updated the style for the new comment box that's replaced the review button.
- JUNE 18, 2012 - 1. Fixed the padding error that was giving users a horizontal scrollbar. // 2. Got rid of the new ad-area div that was giving users an ugly white bar underneath the menus.
- MAY 11, 2012 - 1. The new review button now fits the color scheme. // 2. Fixed the appearance of some sorting links in the login area. // 3. Removed obsolete code.
- MARCH 06, 2012 - 1. Quick fix of the top menu bar. Certain window sizes were causing the links to overlap. Added definitive padding value to fix it.
- FEBURARY 03, 2012 - 1. Note: As of 2012, this style is STILL being supported.
- JUNE 08, 2011 - 1. FF.NET/Fictionpress added social networking icons to the top of each chapter (which I could have done without), so I put a nice little box around them to separate them from the rest of the text. // 2. Also enabled the mobile styling for m.fictionpress.com.
- JUNE 02, 2011 - 1. FF.NET added a Google +1 thingy--which only works if you have a public Google profile, by the way, since people will be able to see who +1'd what in a search--so I modified the code to make sure the iframe that it used didn't have a hideous border anymore.
- JUNE 01, 2011 - 1. I added to the code to compensate for the new styling of the FFNET/Fictionpress login area. Pretty nifty.
- APRIL 27, 2011 - 1. Just a few fixes for the mobile edition of ff.net. I moved all the specific changes for m.fanfiction.net to a separate section of the code for easier editing.
- APRIL 15, 2011 - 1. Apparently I accidentally got rid of the fictionpress document url so the style didn't apply to that site. I fixed that. // 2. Updated the code so the styles all work on the Mobile Edition of Fanfiction.net.
- APRIL 12, 2011 - 1. Compressed some identical code, changed all RGB values to hexadecimal values for easier customization. // 2. MAJOR overhaul of the code. Added back the alternating review background colors and the hover effect. // 3. I'll be working on different themes (using the Userstyles Settings feature) so you can choose your colors! // 4. I think some ads are still slipping through so I'll have my adblocker turned off until I catch them.
- MARCH 28, 2011 - 1. Fixed the odd advanced-search background. // 2. Also fixed the banner ads on the bottom WITHOUT eliminating the Guideline Acceptance panel in the publishing area.
- APRIL 06, 2010 - Cleaned up the code a bit, removed some unnecessary elements that are no longer used by FF.net and changed the properties of the new review button a tad to make it more visible.
- SEPTEMBER 28, 2009 - FF.net changes their CSS much more than I would like. I stumbled upon this and put in the appropriate changes (adding .zmenu and .zui classes to cover the problem areas in the menu bar).
- JUNE 25, 2009 - FF.net added an additional div area underneath their advertisement section, which caused a 3-4pixel white bar to appear underneath the top menu. I updated the code with Stendec's ad removal code (which is based off of itanshi's), since that area of coding isn't my specialty, which was also updated today, to remove that eyesore. No additional updates have required a face lift to the code thus far.
- MAY 14, 2009 - Added the ".x-high" class tag back in after a suggestion from TikiTDO. Thanks, doll. ALSO, this style still works with the new message center that FF.net has implemented. I'll be testing for any areas that are still defaulted, but none have come up so far.
- The LIGHT/DARK themes for FF.net do not work when using this style (not that you'd need them; you're downloading this for a reason).
To the extent possible under law, NHansen has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to FanFiction.net: Purple/Black/Gray & Ad Removal.